WELCOME BACK!!!! BIENVENIDOS!!!!

LETTER FOR K-4TH GRADE PARENTS


Bienvenidos a la escuela!  My name is Senora Padilla and I am your child's Spanish teacher!  I am looking forward to working with your son/daughter to achiever his/her full potential.
The Spanish program is designed to make learning new words and phrases in a foreign language enjoyable for your children.  I use "hands on" activities in some lessons, songs in others, and writing and practicing the target language through the use of written exercises. Overall, I want the students to have fun learning Spanish. It is not necessary for parents to know Spanish in order to help your child.  Your child should be able to tell you what he or she has learned in the Spanish class. 
Due to the time allotted for this subject we complete all activities in class and the grade is given through your child’s class participation and motivation.
I am looking forward to working with your child this upcoming school year. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like to know more about the curriculum or expectations.  My email address is cpadilla@oxfordcentral.org.
Thank you for your support!


LETTER FOR 5TH-8TH GRADE PARENTS


Welcome back to school and welcome to Spanish!  My name is Sra. Padilla and it gives me great pleasure to have your child as a student again this year!

Class Objective:
  • We are beginning an exciting journey together as your child learns more about Spanish and other Spanish speaking countries.  The Spanish program for grades 5-8 is centered around a communicative approach that incorporates the four main language skills, which are speaking, listening, reading, and writing that are used in everyday life.
*Learning a second language is an exciting opportunity that is very useful in today’s diverse world.  My goal this year for your child include helping him or her to develop vocabulary and knowledge of key phrases in the Spanish language and to help him or her appreciate cultural differences between our culture and those of Spanish-speaking countries around the world.
Communication
If you need to contact me for any reason, please do not hesitate to do so.  Throughout the year I will communicate with you through telephone calls, progress reports, report cards, and parent teacher conferences.  I can help your child on Monday and Friday mornings before school when necessary and by planning it accordingly. Just let me know in advance by e-mail at cpadilla@oxfordcentral.org.
Grading Policy
40 %    Oral assessment (Includes both conversations and presentations).
40 %    Written assessments: Test, quizzes, dictations, reading, listening, and projects.
10 %   Participation: Group activities, reviewing material, daily written and oral activities.
10 %    Homework

Classroom discipline and homework policy
I will assign homework or assign students to review any material worked on in class when necessary. With a schedule that meets once or twice during the week, homework is an important way for me to have the students review and get ready for the next time we meet. I consider homework to be important because it is a valuable tool, which reinforces what has been learned in class. It also prepares students for upcoming lessons, teaches them responsibility and helps to develop positive study habits.
Parents: Important to your child’s life
Parents are the most important role models in a child’s life; we need to work together for the benefit of your child. I need you to support my academic, homework, and discipline efforts here at Oxford. With parents and teachers working together, I know that each and every student can have his/her most successful year yet.
Classroom rules
Students are to be seated and ready to work on their daily activity (DO NOW) as soon as they arrive to class. Students must come with all materials to class and on time. Students are not to close their materials or get up from their seats until the teacher dismisses them.
As an educator, I believe that a good parent-teacher relationship is necessary for maximum school success. We need to work together for your child’s success in school and thereafter.
Let’s have a great year!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week of APRIL 1-19

MARCH 2019

Week of MAY 3-17